START YOUR NEXT JOURNEY WITH THE OFFICE PEOPLE
Highly-Personable Field Engineer/Service Technician
The Office People™ is looking for a highly-personable professional who loves troubleshooting and maintaining electrical equipment, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and appreciates a great company culture.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Technical Supervisor, the Field Engineer/Service Technician is responsible for:
• Properly maintaining a territory of document imaging systems along with maintaining excellent customer service.
• Resolving at least 85% of service calls without assistance upon completion of training.
• Understanding and properly performing all mechanical and electronic adjustments on equipment as outlined in the Technical Service Manual and Field Engineering Bulletins.
• Reading and interpreting schematics and complete all electrical troubleshooting as outlined in the Technical Service Manual and Field Engineering Bulletins to include our complete digital line of products.
• Resolving all normal customer relations' situations and communicates unusual customer situations to a higher level.
• Maintaining parts inventory and achieves acceptable levels of inventory control and usages.
• Completing all required administrative functions in an accurate and timely manner.
• Cooperating with fellow workers and management to achieve company service goals.
• Keeping the Field Service Supervisor informed of machines performing below standards and reports all actions taken toward resolution.
• Performing other duties as prescribed by the Field Service Supervisor.
• High School Diploma or equivalent mandatory.
• Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
• Technical vocational schooling desirable (electronics or electro-mechanical preferred), or experience in copier repair or repair and maintenance of electronic equipment.
• Must possess strong communication skills and mechanical aptitude.
• Must successfully complete equipment pre-testing and training.
• Knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software products preferred.
• A valid Drivers License and clean Motor Vehicle Record.
• Must be able to travel locally on a daily basis to various customer sites.
• Requires frequent kneeling and bending and considerable use of hands and tools. Walking great lengths at a time.
• Frequently requires moving or lifting of up to 50 pounds and able to lift 75 pounds on occasion.
• Exposure to live electrical circuits.
• Exposure to extreme environmental conditions. To include, but not limited to, extreme heat, extreme cold and working with flammable liquids and solids.
• Able to work in confined spaces.
• Must have specific vision abilities required by this job including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Great Company
• Great Pay
• Great Hours
• Company Vehicle and Gas Card
• Paid Training
The Office People is an equal opportunity employer – Minority | Female | Disability | Veteran
About The Office People™
The Office People™ is an award-winning, minority owned and operated business that has been serving the Southeast for over twenty years.
We're not just your typical business solution headquarters—we provide each of our customers with excellent service and care from the beginning to end. We specialize in Office Interiors, Digital Signage, Document Imaging Systems, Managed Print Services, and Creating Efficient Workflow Solutions so your office can focus on other important tasks.
The Office People™ is helping businesses, school districts, hospitals, medical facilities, banks, law firms, churches, insurance companies and other industry organizations save money by providing superior office solution services from design process to delivery.
Our growth and success have enabled us to service customers in eighteen (18) states across the nation with outstanding products, service, and support.