Originally built by the Navy during WWII, this 20,500 square foot brick building now houses over 70 employees. Eight decades later, the building now comfortably shelters its' first commercial office tenant. In less than three months, the building's open layout was transformed into a state of the art office space designed to host several divisions.
The building is situated at the center of the Greater Charleston Metropolitan area with direct access to I-26, I-526, Rivers Avenue, North Rhett, International Blvd., and The Charleston International Airport.
All construction was completed by Krueger Construction and General Contractor, Joel Krueger. All design and IT infrastructure was completed by The Office People™.
The building's conversion includes the following:
- A new parking lot with over 200 parking spaces
- Over 65,000 feet of Cat6 Plenum Cable ran throughout the entire building
- Over 400 ethernet ports installed in a smart, climate controlled IT room
- Modernized Lighting with Energy saving LED fixtures throughout the building
- Occupancy sensors throughout the building
- Two cable-rail stairwells and second story railings built with reclaimed timber from Beaufort, SC
- Two New loading dock motorized roll-up doors with air curtains
- 18 ft ceiling open work spaces
- Private offices with 9 ft drop ceilings
- Custom barn doors
- Large break room
- Large conference/training room
- Two large bathrooms with granite counter tops, subway tile, and chrome hardware
- Eye wash station
- New sprinklers throughout the building
- 8 new top of the line HVAC units
- Conditioned warehouse space with 16 foot heavy duty storage racks
- Luxury Vinyl Tile in all common hallways
- Carpet in all offices and work spaces
- Several new entrance doors cut and framed