Highly-Detailed Interior Designer
Looking to join an award-winning company? Look no further than The Office People!
The Office People, Furniture and Interiors division, a 30-year-old family-owned business, is seeking an ambitious and talented Interior Designer to join our dynamic sales team. An industry leader in South Carolina, we offer the finest quality, latest fashions and best brands available in Office furnishings. As an Interior Designer you will provide customer-focused interior design consultations at our main location and close sales of our products to help customers create beautiful workplaces. This an excellent opportunity to build a rewarding career while expanding your creativity and working with a selection of fine quality products that are unmatched in our markets! We are looking for an Interior Designer who enjoys working in corporate sales and turning design concepts into realities.
As an Interior Designer you will work in a retail environment that offers superior customer service by supporting special orders and ensuring that products are delivered to customers as requested.
• Interacting with customers at customer sites
• Leading design events to build your book of business
• Assisting clients with the selection of unique products of unparalleled quality, including furniture, accessories, flooring, lighting, and more
• Preparing furniture layouts for our customers
• Hosting seminars to showcase exciting new ideas and concepts
• Collaborating with our stock, inventory, special order and delivery programs to ensure that customers are satisfied
• Keeping customers up-to-date on design activity, providing progress reports and handling issues in a professional and courteous manner
Our ideal Interior Designer exemplifies professional standards in conduct and appearance, appreciates the power of making a good first impression, seeks challenges and meets obstacles with solutions. This sales role requires an individual who can communicate effectively with a diverse group of people including challenging clients. You must have a passion for design, the desire to excel in a competitive environment and the drive to maximize your earning potential and reach your goals.
• 3 years of experience in a successful sales role, office furnishings or a related office environment
• Proven record of interior design and/or sales success with demonstrated talent in putting design projects together from start to finish
• Quality portfolio of exceptional design work and/or ability to successfully complete a mock design project during an interview
• Design Software Experience (a plus)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong understanding of how to close sales in a fast-paced and professional environment
• Strong understanding of the importance of methodical follow-through and accurate documentation
• Interior design degree (a plus)
• Great Company
• Great Pay
• Great Hours
The Office People is an equal opportunity employer – Minority | Female | Disability | Veteran
About The Office People™
The Office People™ is an award-winning, minority owned and operated business that has been serving the Southeast for over twenty years.
We're not just your typical business solution headquarters—we provide each of our customers with excellent service and care from the beginning to end. We specialize in Office Interiors, Digital Signage, Document Imaging Systems, Managed Print Services, and Creating Efficient Workflow Solutions so your office can focus on other important tasks.
The Office People™ is helping businesses, school districts, hospitals, medical facilities, banks, law firms, churches, insurance companies and other industry organizations save money by providing superior office solution services from design process to delivery.
Our growth and success have enabled us to service customers in eighteen (18) states across the nation with outstanding products, service, and support.